PowerPilates, with Jane Mackenzie
Pilates-Based Outdoor Exercise Classes in Hythe
Leading fitness professional Jane Mackenzie is proud to introduce brand new Pilates-Based Outdoor Exercise Classes in Hythe: ‘PowerPilates’ utilises the six key training principles of regular Pilates: concentration, control, center, flow, precision and breathing, but in a more dynamic, aerobic format. Classes are one hour in length (including warmup and stretching sections), and follow an ‘interval’ structure, with alternating short periods of power walking combined with standing exercises.
PowerPilates is suitable for all levels of fitness, from beginners upwards, as Jane will provide different variations of each exercise to ensure everyone is working at a safe and effective level, irrespective of experience. As well as developing your core strength and balance, the class is also designed to get you moving, warm, and to elevate your heart-rate, building your aerobic fitness. PowerPilates is especially suitable for weight loss/control when combined with a healthy nutrition plan.
As well as a highly qualified Pilates instructor, Jane Mackenzie is also a fully qualified aerobics and power walking instructor, as well as a level-3 personal fitness trainer, with 30 years experience. Jane looks forward to welcoming you to this novel outdoor group exercise class. PowerPilates – Pilates-Based Outdoor Exercise Classes in Hythe with Jane Mackenzie.
“Thank you for yesterday. I have really appreciated the thought and care you have put into designing opportunities for exercise and social contact, particularly over the last year. It was great to see everyone and have a bit of a natter. I enjoyed the level and the mix of walking and strength/stretch movements.”
Dates, Venue and Price
- Saturdays at 9.00 am – (from 10th April) see our Class Availability page for specific dates and status of classes.
- Marine Parade, Hythe – behind Hythe Swimming Pool – click here for Google map
- £6.00 (£22 for four) – 24/7 members (Join Now!) or £8.00 (£30 for four) – non-members.
- Booking and payment in advance is required. Fee refundable/transferable only if class cancelled by us. At least one week’s notice is required if you wish to change a pre-booked class date. Please see our full Terms and Conditions for PowerPilates classes.
IMPORTANT - Class Information (click to close/re-open)
- New participants will be required to complete our Health Screening in advance of their first class.
- PowerPilates is an aerobic exercise class designed to keep you warm outdoors. Classes will therefore run in nearly all weather conditions, including rain – see Class Status Indicators section below.
- Please wear clothing appropriate to the conditions on the day, including where neccessary: additional thermal layers, warm hat, waterproof/windproof top layer, suitable training shoes.
- This class is designed to get you out and exercising at times you might not always feel like it. Please note that bookings are not transferable if you simply don’t like the weather on the day!
- Bring an exercise band if you have one. (We will not be using Pilates mats, blocks or balls.)
Additional Covid-19 Safety Guidance: As much space as you wish, but minimum 2m social distancing will be observed. Outdoor exercise classes pose an extremely low risk of transmission. However: You must NOT attend classes if you are any experiencing Covid-19 symptoms, have tested positive, or have been in contact with anyone who has tested positive for Coronavirus.
Class Status Indicators
Although we plan to run classes in nearly all weathers, it may occassionally be neccessary to cancel a class due to: very heavy rain, very strong wind, or snow/ice conditions deemed to make travel to the class or fast walking hazardous. The forthcoming class as shown on our Availability page will have one of two status indicator bars beneath it as below. A class may be cancelled up to 8.30 am on the morning of the class, so please check back shortly after this time. If the status bar is still green at this point, the class is going ahead as planned – yes, even if it is raining!
Class running as planned.
Very bad weather expected. Class cancelled.
We continue to stipulate – as one of our terms of business – that you may not attend class if you have Covid-19 symptoms, or if you have been in close contact with anyone known to have had Coronavirus, and that you must then test negative before you return to class.
We will continue to support you in this by offering you one of four weekly live Zoom classes to take instead.
We also ask that if you develop Covid-19 symptoms up to 48 hours after attending class with us, that you inform us, so we can advise others accordingly. In such cases your anonymity will be preserved.
I test three times per week, and I would ask you to test before you come to class, although this is not mandatory. I will also wear a mask during one-to-one classes if asked to do so by my client.
We continue to take other sensible and measured precautions in maximising the safety of our clients, by ensuring adequate ventilation, equal spacing, and by asking that you all respect my and each other’s’ space whilst at class venues.
We continue to offer a direct swap between group and live Zoom classes if at any time and for any reason you don’t wish to come into class. We also continue to provide our extensive Jane Mackenzie 24/7 Online Pilates service, for anyone who wishes to take their classes at home regularly.
Government guidance, and therefore our operational procedures, may change, and will be updated here accordingly.
Those who do not wish to participate in group exercise may instead join Jane's classes online via Zoom. Please contact Jane for details.
“Thank you so much for doing the Power Pilates today. I felt so much better after and feel a lot more positive than of late. See you next week!”
PowerPilates – Pilates-Based Outdoor Exercise Classes in Hythe.
Online Pilates Classes Now Running
Booking priority and £2 discount on all face-to-face classes for 24/7 members!
Join Jane Mackenzie 24/7, and access the highest quality Pilates instruction, wherever and whenever you like. Enjoy both livestream and recorded classes with Kent's leading Pilates instructor. Be part of a Pilates community where you will learn more about Pilates, ask questions, track your progress, and much more!