Outdoor Pilates Classes in Folkestone
Leading Kent instructor Jane Mackenzie runs special ‘popup’ Outdoor Pilates classes in Folkestone on selected Saturday and Sunday mornings during the summer. Lovely relaxing Pilates under the sky to the sound of birdsong, and the safest way to get back into group classes after the Coronavirus lockdown.
“Absolutely loved it. Thank you. A perfect start to the weekend.”
Dates and Times
See our Class Availability page for dates, times and expected weather.
- Folkestone Leas lawns (just to the west of Dixwell Road) – click here for Google map
- This is a lovely quiet location at this time of day, with very few passers by. We will be on the seaward side of the path, and your only distraction will be a beautiful view of the sea and trees!
- Covid-19 Safety. Limited to 15 participants. As much space as you wish. Extremely low risk outdoor location.
- £8.00 (in advance to book, or on the day subject to availability)
- £6.00 (24/7 members)
- Fee refundable/transferable if cancelled by us e.g. due to weather.
- Please see our full Terms and Conditions.
Outdoor Pilates Classes in Folkestone with Jane Mackenzie
More Information - Please Read
Classes are run on a weather-dependent basis, and may be cancelled if it is raining, the ground is too wet or it is too windy. A ‘traffic-light’ system indicating the status of each class is in operation on our Class Availability page:
- A green bar means that we fully expect the class to run, as settled weather is forecast (but you should still check back on the day before you leave, just in case).
- An amber bar means that it is harder to predict what the weather will do, although we plan to go ahead if we can, so you’ll need to check again before you leave for the class in the morning. A firm ‘green or red’ decision will be made by 7.45 am.
- A red bar means the weather is expected to be bad so we have cancelled the class.
What to bring. Please bring your Pilates mat and/or a towel. Please wear normal Pilates clothing, bare feet/socks/training shoes as preferred. Bring additional layers just in case it is colder than expected, but please also bring water, sunglasses, sunscreen and a hat, as the sun always shines on our classes!
Health Screening. Please note, new participants will also need to complete our standard Health Screening in order to attend these classes. This must be completed prior to attending these classes.
“I really enjoyed the outdoor class. What a way to start a day in such a lovely location and the class was excellent.”
Jane Mackenzie’s Regular Pilates Classes
Group Classes Information
Everything you need to know in order to start group classes is right here:
Covid-19 Safety, Timetable, Venues, Prices, What to bring, Enquiries and Booking.
Prefer not to attend a group class?
Unable to or prefer not to attend group classes? Do you have complex health issues? Do you require rehabilitation after orthopedic or other surgery?