Today I’ll explain why ‘online’ is the only way you will be able to do Pilates for a while now, why it is so important to do so, and provide some tips on how to motivate yourself to exercise online at home. I’ll then ask you to complete a short survey to help me understand your barriers to exercising at home, and how I can help you overcome these. Please read on!…
Make a Commitment
As part of my Pilates Family, you already know how important Pilates is to keep you fit and strong, and now, for us in Kent, online really is the only way you will be able to do Pilates for the foreseeable future. It is essential you don’t let things slip for too long, or all those old problems – the reasons you originally took up Pilates – will simply come back. I appreciate that many of us prefer face-to-face group Pilates classes, but that just isn’t going to happen for a long time now, so we will all have to adapt.
My online Pilates now has a huge collection of recorded classes to choose from, and of course live Zoom Pilates classes. For those of you who feel demotivated right now, below is a list of suggestions to help get you back on track and exercising at home. The most important thing though is make a commitment. Without that initial commitment, you won’t get started. So please join Jane Mackenzie 24/7 now and make that positive change! https://www.janem.co.uk/jane247/
Keep Motivated Exercising at Home
I know it’s hard sometimes to maintain your motivation to exercise on your own at home, so here a few tips, and let’s do this together:
- Plan a time each week to do your class and stick to it, in the same way you would if coming to a group class. Write your planned times in a diary or calendar. Once you have decided on a time, don’t prioritise other things over it. This is ‘you’ time and your body will thank you.
- If you find you are telling yourself you don’t feel like it just before your class, remind yourself how much better you will feel afterwards, and the sense of achievement you will feel as well.
- Remind yourself of the health benefits of remaining fit, including being able to stay active, keeping your weight down, feeling mentally stronger, and of course being in a better position to fight infection.
- Reward yourself for your hard work and discipline with ‘treats’ (not a gin and tonic!) – small things you like to do, e.g. scented bath, a quiet time listening to some favourite music, or a visit to a nearby favourite place.
- Plan your exercise along with a healthier diet, to make you feel even better! You will find that exercising regularly encourages you to stick to your healthy eating plan, and that healthier eating encourages you to keep exercising – the two go hand in hand!
- Don’t put things off, e.g. “I’ll start in the New Year”. I love the saying ‘what you do today affects all your tomorrows’ This is so true on so many levels. The only time to start is now!
- And never give up or give in. If you ‘failed’ in the past by not sticking to something, forget about that and move forward. Always keep moving forward. We are never bound by the past. In this current climate our health is one of the key things we have control over.
Tell Me What You Want
As you know I’m always focused on making my classes the very best they can be for you, and I would really appreciate it if you could tell me about the barriers to exercising at home that you face, and what I can do to help you overcome these. Click here to complete a short survey: https://www.janem.co.uk/jane247/online-pilates-survey-2/
This survey is for everyone, not just 24/7 members, but members can also tell me about anything different or additional you would like to be included, so I can best meet your needs. Just like during my face-to-face classes I am also here for you online, so please tell me what you need!
Pilates Christmas Gift Packages
Support your favourite small business whilst giving your friends and loved-ones the gift of health this Christmas! With Christmas right round the corner, we’ve got you covered for ideas with our range of wonderful Pilates gift packages to suit all budgets. As before, equipment items come gift-wrapped, and we even include a blank hand-made card for you to write your personal messages on. And of course this year we also have packages including our popular ‘Jane Mackenzie 24/7 Online Pilates’ subscriptions – the perfect gift for anyone far way, and especially those who are shielding or in lockdown. Why not take a look now and make your pressy-hunting that bit easier?! https://www.janem.co.uk/2020/10/pilates-christmas-gifts/ . Also if there is any equipment you need let me know.
Please call me if you have any questions about doing the online classes and I would be happy to help you with anything. Whatever you do, make sure you keep moving and do exercise that makes you happy.
Happiness and Health