Hello Everyone, and a very Happy New Year to you all
I hope that 2023 brings you love and happiness, and that you are able to realise all your fitness and personal goals, laughing and having fun along the way, of course!
We have had our first full week back to classes now, and I’m pleasantly surprised at just how many of you have booked your classes so quickly after the Christmas break. A great start to 2023, so well done! And to those regulars I’ve yet to see, I very much look forward to helping you feel fitter, stronger and more pain-free very soon. I know there are also some of you that I haven’t seen for quite a long time, some even pre-pandemic, and it is to you in particular that I extend this warm invitation to come back and join our Pilates family. Don’t delay – life is too short to spend any of it in discomfort; we all want to enjoy every minute, and to carry on doing all the fun activities we love!
After more than 30 years teaching nearly every exercise class there is, I am now thoroughly convinced that Pilates is the very best way to strengthen our core, stay fit, mobile and strong throughout our lives. It is the perfect way to address postural problems and flexibility, and is unmatched in the way it can be adapted for all levels of ability, meaning that – no matter your current limitations – you can vastly benefit from regular Pilates practice.
Words of course are cheap, but I’m also very much ‘putting my money where my mouth is’, as I’m currently undergoing even more extensive Pilates instructor training. During 2023 I shall be completing the highest level of professional Pilates instructor qualification in the country in several specialised fields including: managing lower back pain, long-term conditions, and anatomy and biomechanics. This will mean that I can (and will) offer you unmatched experience and expertise when teaching you in class, online and one-to-one.
I do understand that it’s not always easy to fit Pilates practice into your busy life, and this is why, working with my husband and business partner Mat, we continue to offer you a fantastic range of flexible options. Let me summarise these for you:
- A choice of nine group classes in the local area, Monday through Thursday, all at great venues, with the option to swap to a different class if you can’t attend your regular class for any reason.
- Personally focussed One-to-one Pilates sessions (usually on Mondays or Fridays), with the choice of me coming to you, or you to me. And two tiers of service; our Premium service providing video recordings of your sessions plus additional resources.
- Online Pilates in the shape of over 100 full hour classes recorded in high definition, that you can take at any time. Try it – it’s just like being in class in your own home! We also offer focus classes such as – back to basic, hand weights, resistance bands, half hour sessions, release and relaxation, stretching, chair-based classes, and more advanced classes.
- Four live Zoom classes each week, that can be taken as part of your online Pilates membership, or individually as another option if you are unable or do not wish to travel out to class at any time. You never have to miss a class no matter where in the world you are!
- My specially designed Pilates Back Health Toolkit comprising 50 instructional videos and several full classes, designed to help you to strengthen your back and core muscles and remain injury free.
- A comprehensive Pilates Exercise video database, comprising over 80 exercises, available as part of your online Pilates membership, or available separately at a very low cost.
For more information about any of these, please see my website or contact me directly.
It will be a busy year for me teaching you all and completing my training. I am really looking forward to every minute of it. 🙂 Oh, and did I mention we have a beautiful kitten called Dennis, who certainly keeps us busy at home!
I wish you love, health and happiness in 2023, and look forward to sharing a part of that with you.