This weekend I attended the Fitness Pilates 3rd Annual Summit in London run by Rachel Holmes and Kelly Reed-Banks who designed the Ftiness Pilates system. There was over 100 hundred like-minded instructors, motivated and enthusiastic to learn and enjoy the day. The event had a packed program of talks and sessions which covered topics such as:
- Active mobility warm up ideas
- Glute Activation and The Posterior Chain
- Fitness Pilates Myofascial Release using Trigger Point Balls
- Older Adults update (using chairs sitting and standing)
- Men on Mats – a class specifically designed for men
- Posture Correction
Attending Summits such as these enables me to put myself back in the place of the participant in order to learn, practice a variety of new moves and techniques, and learn about new research to support a wider spectrum of people in my classes and 1:1. This means I can bring new moves, and equipment to the classes, and maintain the variety and progression that encourages people to keep coming back week after week.
I am so excited to be able to share this with you all over the coming weeks and months.