I hope you are all enjoying a bit more freedom and are able to see more of your family and friends. My heart and hugs go out to everyone who has had a difficult time over the last 15 months. I hope you can now see some light at the end of the tunnel in lots of ways. There are some of you I still haven’t seen back in class, so hopefully we will see you soon. Please feel free to call me and let me know how you are getting on – it would be wonderful to hear from you.
The Prime Minister announced yesterday that from 19th July we’ll finally be back to as close to normal as we could hope to be this year. To many of you this will be fantastic news, but I do appreciate that some have reservations that we are perhaps moving a little too fast. Reflecting the PM’s appeal for caution and personal responsibility, below are the changes to classes you can expect from next week, plus some options for those of you not yet ready to exercise indoors.
From speaking to you in class, it’s fantastic to hear that you have all now had both your jabs, I believe, as have I. But if you haven’t yet, please do take the opportunity to get your vaccination when it is offered – you’ll be protecting yourselves, your families and others, too!
Lifting of Covid Restrictions – Class Changes
With remaining Covid restrictions finally being lifted, there will be some minor changes to the running of our classes from Tuesday 20th July:
- Maximum class sizes will increase, but only by 2 people per class. For your safety and comfort we will not yet be returning to pre-pandemic maximum numbers.
- We will no longer be using cones to facilitate strict social distancing. However, I will still be informally guiding the layout of classes to ensure we are all equally-spaced.
- I will be taking cash payments again at classes, in addition to contactless card payments (and of course bank transfers at any time).
- However, shared group equipment will no longer be provided on a permanent basis. As well as for hygiene reasons, it was admittedly difficult moving a large amount of equipment around with me. It has also become clear that you all like having your own mats, balls and bands, so we’ll keep that as it is. (If there is any equipment that you would like to purchase, details are here: https://www.janem.co.uk/products/ . Then contact me or order in class.)
- Of course, the pandemic is not yet over, and the government has made it clear that we are moving into a phase of ‘personal responsibility’. I would therefore encourage you all to be as careful and respectful as possible during classes, maintaining discreet distance from each other and myself as best you can. I would request you continue to wear a face covering on arrival and departure from classes, although this is no longer mandatory. I will continue to ensure as much ventilation as possible during classes, and continue to take some classes outdoors when the weather is favourable.
24/7 Online Pilates Continues
Our online Pilates – Jane Mackenzie 24/7 – will continue to run as normal. 24/7 is an ideal way to keep up your Pilates if you are not yet comfortable attending group classes, if you need to shield or isolate, or simply if it’s difficult for you to attend a regular group class.
We have over 60 full hour recorded classes, regular new releases, plus two of my weekly group classes – Tuesday 6.45 pm and Thursday 10.45 am – are available to join in live via Zoom. And at just £20 per month it’s the best value way of keeping up your Pilates – especially as 24/7 members also receive £2 off every group class they attend as well! https://www.janem.co.uk/jane247/
New web form for Changing a Pre-Booked Class
I receive a lot of messages in various ways from people needing to change a pre-booked class to a different week, or with last minute cancellations hoping to slot into a different class on the same week. To help me manage these, I need to keep them all in one place, so I have a new form for you to use for this purpose. If you could please use this from now on it would be very helpful: https://www.janem.co.uk/pilates/class-change-request/
You can find this form in the ‘Group Pilates’ menu of our website. And you can also continue to let me know during class if you need to change a forthcoming booking date.
Saturday Outdoor PowerPilates, plus optional Swimming afterwards
Our outdoor PowerPilates classes will continue throughout the summer. Classes run on Saturday mornings at 9.00 am, starting from Hythe promenade by the swimming pool. Click here for full information: https://www.janem.co.uk/pilates/powerpilates/ This class is for all abilities, and I provide alternatives for those who need them, so why not come and join us!
Some of my participants also join me for a quick dip in the sea after class to really blow those cobwebs away. (And sometimes even a drink and snack at the café afterwards!) The physical and mental health benefits of cold water immersion are becoming well known. Please note that this is NOT an organised Jane’s H and F event, just an informal gathering of friends, and participation is entirely at your own risk and free for anyone to attend. That said, you would be very welcome to join us.
I look forward to seeing you in class and online over the coming weeks, so let’s make 2021 our year for getting our health and wellbeing back on track if it’s taken a back seat this last year!
Happiness and Health