As we head into the autumn months now, some of you are changing to come to day classes rather than the evenings, and it’s great that we have that flexibility for you to do that. Also, do remember you can switch to an online Pilates class if you ever need to. Some of you who attend face-to-face classes and do online as well said they have really felt the benefits of taking two Pilates classes each week. We have now included my Back Care Toolkit into the online package now, so there is even more for just £24 for 4 weeks.
We have some people who are away for a while who have been doing their Pilates online as well, so they can keep up their great work: Fiona will be doing Pilates in the next 3 weeks from Japan, Antonia joined a Zoom class from Antwerp the other week, and Mary does my Pilates from Tasmania! So, distance and darker evenings are no barrier now to maintaining good health. I am so pleased how flexible and accessible we have made our Pilates sessions for you, and proud of everyone’s commitment to their health. Many of you have been coming to classes for over 6 years now – time flies when you are having fun and enjoying your exercise!
New Tuesday Class in Sellindge starts this week Tuesday 3rd October – 10.45am
I’m excited to announce that our brand-new Tuesday 10.45 am Pilates class at Sellindge Sports and Social Club starts this week, 3rd October. If you would like to come, you would be very welcome. And if you know of anyone who might be interested in this, please do pass this on. It’s a lovely venue with a beautiful view, and has recently been refurbished. We still have the class on Wednesdays at 9.30 am too, so there will be two classes in Sellindge from now on.
Pilates Walk, Saturday 14th October 10 am
Another Pilates walk, and we will be going off road this time, so bring along your walking boots! We will decide a bit nearer the time where we will be going, but I had in mind down the Warren, or walk along the cliffs at Capel Le Ferne.
Dates for your Diary
- Christmas Dinner – Sat 2nd December, 7 pm
- Christmas lunch – Thurs 7th December, 12 pm
Weights Class Week Commencing 3rd October
(Those new to Pilates starting on Tuesday in Sellindge will not be using hand weights.)
This week we shall be using hand weights in class for some added resistance and bone-loading. This is of course optional for those who would prefer to continue exercising without. Why not take advantage of the competitively priced hand weights we have in stock to add to your Pilates arsenal?! Purchase now and I’ll bring them to class for you. Otherwise, you can bring food tins or small bottles of water to use as weights instead.
- 1 kg weights: https://www.janem.co.uk/shop/equipment/1kg-hand-weights/
- 1.5 kg weights: https://www.janem.co.uk/shop/equipment/1-5kg-green-hand-weights-x-2/
Irrespective of whether you wish to use food tins or not, we are once again collecting for the Rainbow Centre Food bank for the next two weeks, and I understand they are in great need of certain items at the moment. So, if you are able to donate anything, no matter how small, your generosity will be very much appreciated.
A couple of final things…
- Please ensure you have a means of payment with you when coming to class. I understand that people sometimes forget their block has finished, so always having a means of payment with you means you don’t have to take the class without paying first, which gives me additional some administrate work. Thanks!
- Remember that you can always change class to a different one during the same week if you ever need to, subject to availability. However, if you wish to carry a class over to a subsequent week, I do need a week’s notice. In either case, if you could please use this form, it would be very helpful: https://www.janem.co.uk/pilates/class-change-request/
I look forward to seeing you all this week in class.
Happiness and health