Struggling with Lockdown?
So many people are struggling with this second lockdown and for many reasons. So I thought I would share with you some suggestions to help you manage the situation. Those who follow my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/JanesHandF will know I have been posting up suggestions and doing my Monday Motivation chats. Please do look at some of these as they really can help. At these times we need to surround ourselves with as much positivity as possible. Suggestions for an easier, happier lockdown are at the end of this newsletter.
Group Pilates Classes
Time flies – we’re already halfway through lockdown. Unless we hear anything else from the Government in the interim, we are going to assume that group classes will resume on Thursday 3rd December. We’ll therefore shortly be emailing those of you who have been coming to class to confirm, and will need to know which of the new dates you are able to attend, so please keep an eye on your emails.
A big thank you to everyone who has been enjoying our Jane Mackenzie 24/7 Online Pilates; those of you who have been with us from the very start, and those who have joined or re-joined for this second lockdown. If you haven’t yet joined, even if you plan to restart group classes in December, why not make the most of the time available and join us for weekly live Zoom classes and now more than 30 high quality recorded classes. We now have a special 10 day membership for just £8 as well: https://www.janem.co.uk/jane247/
Online Back Health Course
Some exciting news – we are currently preparing a new online course ‘Back Health – Protect and Strengthen’, for those with back ‘niggles’ either from past injury or simply age-related, as well as those who simply want to make sure their backs are strong and mobile into the future. The course will include a series of videos taking you through specific back-safe exercise variations designed to improve your back health. There will also be lots of back-safety videos demonstrating how to protect your back during exercise and everyday life, including dos and don’ts! More on that soon, but if you would like to register your interest in advance, please let me know.
Pilates Christmas Gift Packages
Give your friends and loved-ones the gift of health this Christmas! With Christmas right round the corner, we’ve got you covered for ideas with our range of wonderful Pilates gift packages to suit all budgets. As before, equipment items come gift-wrapped, and we even include a blank hand-made card for you to write your personal messages on. And of course this year we also have packages including our popular ‘Jane Mackenzie 24/7 Online Pilates’ subscriptions – the perfect gift for anyone far way, and especially those who are shielding or in lockdown. Why not take a look now and make your pressy-hunting that bit easier?! https://www.janem.co.uk/2020/10/pilates-christmas-gifts/
Happiness and Health
Are you struggling with this latest lockdown?
Ways to reduce stress:
- Reduce the amount of news you watch – we know what’s going on right now, you only need to see the highlights then turn it off. Watch something that lifts your spirits and makes you feel good. Do those things around the house you have been meaning to do.
- Go outside into the fresh air and enjoy nature. It is well researched that being in nature relaxes us and we are all aware the we need Vitamin D and we can absorb this through the skin.
- Sleep as much as you can and really make efforts to help yourself sleep.
- Eat a healthy diet. Your body will feel stronger, you will be getting the right amount of nutrients to help your immune system and you will sleep better. A winner all round.
- Keep in touch with friends and family. Call friends and family today. Pick up the phone. Talking makes us feel better and they might need that chat too. Call me if you want to chat. I have more time now and always happy to chat to any of you.
- Keep up your exercise – do some exercise every day or at least 3-4 times a week. Again the benefits to our physical and mental health are so many I can’t list them all. Start today and don’t stop. Do exercise that makes you happy and you will keep doing it. Mix it up with a variety of types of exercise. We can walk with one other person not from your household, so do that too.
Hopefully some of those suggestions will help you. Take action today and change all your tomorrows. We can do this together and will be stronger for making those changes. Sending you all a big virtual hug at the moment. One day I want to give you all that hug for real, but for the minute know that it will come one day for us all.
You might also find this video interesting. Are you in Control by Dr. Rangan Chatterjee.