Happy New Year to you and your family. Whilst Christmas and New Year were a bit quieter this year I hope you found some lovely moments in it all. One of the highlights of my Christmas was the Pilates classes that Christmas week and seeing those who could come along Christmas Eve. It was wonderful seeing decorations and Christmas trees. I was upset I couldn’t be with you in person when they announced I couldn’t teach F2F, but I feel like I spent a bit of special festive time with you all in your homes and it was wonderful. We did have fun doing the 12 Days of Christmas. I recorded that class, so if you fancy doing some Ladies/Lords are Leaping again, it is on 24/7. Those who were not able to join us, I hope you were keeping yourself active over the Christmas holidays in your own Christmas bubbles.
Join Jane Mackenzie 24/7 Online Pilates Now!
I’m quite sure that right now we are running the very best online Pilates service out there! Three times weekly live group classes using Zoom, plus an ever-expanded library of currently 40 full hour classes in high quality video, personal support, plus loads of other benefits. There’s little chance of face-to-face group classes before Easter, so why not join (or re-join) me online? I would love to see you!
After a short break over Christmas, all our online classes start again next week:
- Tuesdays Live Zoom, from 5th January 6.30pm
- Thursdays Live Zoom, from 7th January 10am
- New weekly recorded classes, from Monday 4th January (Although our huge library of classes is always available!)
The links to all the Zoom classes can be found here: https://www.janem.co.uk/classes/weekly-zoom-pilates-classes/ . Please make sure you use the original link given on the website for Thursdays, as the class Christmas week was a special one off link! Tuesday is the same link as before.
NEW Live Zoom Online BEGINNERS Pilates starting Saturday 9th 10am
Do you know anyone who might benefit from starting Pilates? If so, please pass this on to them…
- Have you always wanted to try Pilates?
- Are you returning to exercise?
- Have you put on weight in lockdown and want exercise to go alongside your healthy eating?
- Do you want a gentle, supportive class where you can improve your posture, core strength, balance, flexibility and general wellbeing?
These classes will run in January and February to support those who want to learn the basic principles of Pilates in a relaxed, enjoyable, safe environment online. For only £20 a month you will get access to the Beginners Pilates class on Zoom every Saturday, plus our extensive library of recorded classes, weight control resources and much more. Please email me if you are interested, or complete the online enquiry on my website here: https://www.janem.co.uk/jane247/
NEW! Back Health Toolkit – Strengthen and Protect
We are really excited about our new Back Health Toolkit, which will be launching soon. For anyone who has experienced back problems, or who simply wants to strengthen their back to avoid them, we’ve been working hard on this brand new online product for you, which will be available early in the New Year. Click here to learn more and read our introduction: https://www.janem.co.uk/courses/back-health-protect-and-strengthen/ Please share this with anyone you know who might have a weak back and needs to strengthen it, and also those who might wish to learn how to protect their back for long term back health. I am always happy to talk to anyone who wants some advice about this.
Surviving the Winter Months Physically and Mentally
Let’s now look forward now to getting vaccinated, being able to spend more time with family and friends, and as the year goes on getting back to normal. We all have special things we want to do in 2021, so lets keep those dreams alive and plan for them. Part of that planning is making sure we are fit and healthy to do everything we want to do next year. I know I have mentioned some of these before, but lets revisit them as they are still part of creating a healthy lifestyle. What you can do to help make next year a strong one:
- Put in your diary when you are going to do exercise each week and stick to it the same as you would turning up for work. It’s so important for you physically and mentally.
- Plan your food shopping to only have healthy food in the house! If it’s not in the house your not going to eat it. That doesn’t mean you can’t have the odd treat, but plan that into your food for the day, not as extra.
- Use this time when you are unable to go out for meals and socialise as a positive time to help get your healthy eating on track and create new long term, permanent eating habits. Break the cycle of eating holiday food now. Just think how you will feel when you come out of tier 4 in better shape than you went in. When the shops open you might even need to go and buy some new clothes for the spring. Your body says thank you when you eat healthy food. If you eat stodge, have high sugar foods and drink too much alcohol you feel lethargic and your stomach feels uncomfortable. So if your body is telling you this listen to it. It’s easy to let our brains rule and say it’s a treat for not being able to do other things. The treats come in healthy foods too.
- Plan how you are going to use your leisure time. If you haven’t already got a hobby find something you like doing and see how you can still do it and join others in the same pastime online. The online options are endless these days. If you spend the day on the computer find friends to walk with in the morning, evening or weekend. The nights will be getting shorter now too. It’s so well documented how fresh air is so good for our health and wellbeing. Walk in the woods, at the beach and in the countryside. We have it all on our doorstep.
- Drink plenty of water – at least 8 pints a day. Every part of your body needs water to maintain a healthy balance.
- Get plenty of sleep. We need at least 8 hours sleep every night. Get a regular bed time. Turn off technology before bed. I struggle with this one at the moment and I am sure many do right now, but we can try harder to achieve more sleep.
- Do things that make you happy. Call friends if you can’t see them. See the friends you can see. Talk to others if you are upset. We have all had our wobbles over the last 9 months and difficult times, so let’s help each other out. My number is 07703 792388 if you want a chat.
- Make plans for the future – better times will be coming and we want to plan for our dreams.
- Have a morning routine that creates positivity – listen to a motivating TEDTalk, listen to music (not just in the morning), exercise, read some positive quotes for each day.
- Surround yourself with positive people. There are so many positive people doing amazing things right now to help get us through this time.
We can ad to this list all the time. I would love to know if you have any great strategies you are using to keep yourself strong during this Tier 4 phase, or anything that has worked for you in the last 9 months, please share them with me and I can put them on my website. My wonderful website designer might even create a wonderful page of positivity for us to look at! Alternatively would you like to see this on Facebook? Let me know what would work best for you. Let’s do this together.
May your 2021 be full of happiness, good health, hugs and holidays.
Happiness and Health