It’s wonderful to welcome more of you back to class now, as autumn is finally upon us. As life gets more back to normal (and we have some fuel in our cars now!) we can all enjoy our Pilates together.
100 Miles in October
As some of you already know, I am participating in the 100 Miles in October challenge for MacMillan Cancer Support. I shall be completing 100 miles during the month, swimming, cycling, walking, rollerblading, paddle-boarding and even kitesurfing! If you would like to sponsor me and support this wonderful cause, please use this link to donate: https://www.facebook.com/donate/560836231792867/ , or I’ll be bringing a collection box to class. And a big thank you to those who have already donated!
Pilates Walk Saturday 9th October
As part of my 100 Miles challenge, I shall be doing a 5 mile walk on Saturday (9th Oct) along the seafront. If you would like to join me for this, please meet me at Hythe and Saltwood Sailing club at 3.00 pm, from where we will be walking to Sandgate and back (approx. 2 hours, but may be a bit shorter). Everyone and their partners is welcome, plus dogs (on leads). Please let me know if you would like to come.
Turbocharge Your Pilates Now!
The pandemic meant we all had to take our Pilates classes online for a while. But now we’re free again, that doesn’t mean you can’t still take advantage of the fantastic online services we have developed over the previous 18 months. Why not take your Pilates practice to the next level and treat yourself to one of the following?
- Back Health Toolkit. An essential guide, comprising 50 specifically designed instructional videos, to help you improve even resolve many common back problems, and protect and strengthen your back in order to reduce the risk of future injury. We achieve this through a Pilates-based approach, fixing postural issues and selectively stretching and strengthening key supporting muscles. A fitter, ‘pain-free’ future, for only £39 for 60 days access (No ongoing subscription). https://www.janem.co.uk/courses/back-health-protect-and-strengthen/
- Pilates Exercise Database. An extensive and fully searchable library of short videos explaining all the standard Pilates exercises, plus many of my own special variations, including the use of equipment – to help you make the very most of your Pilates practice. Only £2.50 per week! (Monthly subscription you can cancel at any time.) https://www.janem.co.uk/courses/pilates-exercise-database/
- Jane Mackenzie 24/7 Online Pilates. Over 65 full hour recorded classes, plus live Zoom sessions each week. All for only £5 per week! (Monthly subscription you can cancel at any time.) And if that isn’t enough, membership also includes free access to my extensive Pilates Exercise Database as above, plus a £2 discount on each and every group class you book and take whilst a member! https://www.janem.co.uk/courses/jane247/
Saturday Outdoor PowerPilates
Why not join me on Saturday mornings at 9.00 am on the seafront outside Hythe Swimming Pool for PowerPilates? Please contact me to book! https://www.janem.co.uk/pilates/outdoor-exercise-classes-in-hythe-powerpilates/
PowerPilates utilises the six key training principles of regular Pilates: concentration, control, center, flow, precision and breathing, but in a more dynamic, aerobic format. Classes are one hour in length (including warmup and stretching sections), and follow an ‘interval’ structure, with alternating short periods of power walking combined with standing exercises.
PowerPilates is suitable for all levels of fitness, from beginners upwards, as I provide different variations of each exercise to ensure everyone is working at a safe and effective level, irrespective of experience. As well as developing your core strength and balance, the class is also designed to get you moving, warm, and to elevate your heart-rate, building your aerobic fitness. PowerPilates is especially suitable for weight loss/control when combined with a healthy nutrition plan.
And Finally Just a Quick Reminder
- Please can you bring a means of payment with you when you come to class, in case your current block has expired that week. (I take cash or card.) I do try and remind people when it’s nearly time to purchase a new block, but it is your responsibility to remember. Please pop your dates in your diary.
- Remember that I do need at least 1 full week’s notice to transfer a pre-paid class to a different week, although I will try and slot you into another class during the same week if I have space.
- If you wish to change a class, please can you help me by using this form: https://www.janem.co.uk/pilates/class-change-request/
Thank you! 🙂
I look forward to seeing you in class and online soon.
Happiness and Health