Coronavirus – Sensible Precautions
Firstly, the Coronavirus outbreak. Whilst the risk to us is currently extremely low compared with the many positive health benefits of regular exercise, it would be sensible for us all to ensure we are taking reasonable precautions in line with those recommended by Public Health England. In view of this:
- Please ensure you have thoroughly washed your hands in hot water before attending classes, and also use hand gel if possible. As a courtesy to others, please keep a little more distance than usual when chatting to people.
- Remember that the equipment we use is always optional, so if you don’t wish to use my own equipment, then that’s fine – I will always provide alternative exercise variations that do not require our ‘toys’. You may also wish to take this opportunity to purchase your own equipment, which you can then also use at home.
- Those who fall into the categories listed here https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public , and who are expected to self-isolate, should not attend classes.
- Of course, if you are coughing or sneezing, it is always courteous to others to avoid coming to classes until you are better, so I would greatly appreciate it if you would respect this, especially during this period.
- I will update this guidance and let you all know if things change.
All being well, I shall be taking a holiday (to a very low risk area – currently no cases at all) the week commencing Monday the 23rd March. All classes this week will therefore be cancelled, with the exception of Tuesday 24th March 12.00 pm at the Burton Hall, Hythe, which will be covered by Kim. There are still some spaces available for this class, so please let me know as soon as possible if you would like to attend. Participants booked on blocks during that week will have their places carried over to a subsequent week.
Pilates Social Walk, Saturday 14th March
Our next Pilates social walk will be on Saturday March 14th, starting at 10.00 am. We will set off from the seafront outside the Ship Inn, Sandgate. Free parking is available for 2 hours. Our route will take us along the sea front to the Harbour, then back along the coastal path, up the zigzag path, then along the Leas and back down into Sandgate. After the walk, there are several cafes as well as the Ship Inn itself, for a drink or bite to eat if you fancy it. If the weather is still warm we will use the café on the sea front. Please let me know if you are coming, and pop the date in your diaries!
New Foam Rollers Masterclass, Saturday 18th April
You may have heard from those who attended, what a fantastic event our first Rockin’ Rollers foam rollers masterclass was. The masterclass was fully booked, and many expressed a firm interest in doing another one. I am therefore going to run Rockin’ Rollers #2 on Saturday 18th April ! In response to feedback, this will be held at the slightly later time of 9.30 am to 11.00 am, again at Hythe Cricket Club. This new masterclass will comprise some or your favourite foam roller exercises from the last one, along with lots of brand new challenges! I expect this masterclass to book up quickly, so please let me know as soon as possible if you would like to attend, by completing the form here: https://www.janem.co.uk/pilates/advanced-pilates-masterclass-in-hythe/ . You can learn all about the first Rockin’ Rollers masterclass and see some photos here: https://www.janem.co.uk/2020/03/rockin-rollers-advanced-pilates-masterclass/
Finally, whilst I do try and keep everyone up-to-date with the latest class availability here: https://www.janem.co.uk/availability/ , the more people who turn up to class without having booked and paid in advance, the more difficult it is for me to do so. You can of course just turn up without having paid in advance, but for busy classes there is a real chance that some people may have to be turned away, as it is not fair on other participants if I run a class over-full. I do genuinely try to strike a balance which keeps everyone happy. So please book in advance if you can, and if you are on a block, please remember to keep track of how many classes you have left, and renew it the week before it is due to finish.
That’s all for now. I look forward to seeing you in class very soon.
Happiness and Health